Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10th 2010

well lookie there... it's been another five days since I've blogged. Whaddya know about that. It must be this beautiful weather we are having. Yeah... that's what I'll blame it on. no excuses though. I said I'd try to blog every day... and I'm failing miserably.

FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So where did I leave off?

April 6th was Drowsy Driver Awareness Day, and Teflon Day... which I didn't celebrate, unless you count supper... which I'm pretty sure was cooked in Teflon. Yeah... we'll count that.

April 7th was no Housework Day. Unfortunately... I didn't celebrate that day either. There's too much housework to be done on the farm to overlook it.

April 8th was national D.A.R.E Day. How do you celebrate that? I didn't do any drugs ... does that count? :)

April 9th was national Cherish an Antique Day.

here's the antique I cherish...



bahahaha. He's five years older than me... I'm allowed to say that.

We went to a Royals baseball game last night. Does that count as cherishing an antique? How long have the Royals been around? Since the late 60's? I'd say they're antiques.

But for real... I LOVE antiques. Something my parents instilled in me.

Yesterday on the way to the game, we passed my all time favorite antique store. The Brass Armadillo, on I-70 near Blue Ridge.

[click here for link to the brass armadillo]

I want to know what your favorite antique is. Is there a story behind it? Leave a comment telling me about your favorite antique, and upload a picture of it to the flickr group, and I'll put your picture with it's story on the blog tomorrow.

Which brings us to today...

Today was national love our children day.

After not getting home from the game last night until two o'clock this morning... I had to wake up at seven to get Levi to his first spring soccer game of the season in Columbia. If that's not love, I don't know what is! Ha!



After the game and having lunch in the city... we drove back home and enjoyed this beautiful weather. First, I played a couple of rounds of the basketball game H-O-R-S-E with Jake. Then Jason and I got into a water fight. Then I played Soccer in the yard with Levi and Jake, Then I fixed chocolate chip pancakes for everyone, and after supper we all got on the four wheelers to go hunt for mushrooms.



Jason had one older kid and one younger kid on his four wheeler with him... and I had one older kid and one younger kid on my four wheeler with me.



It's been a fun day.

And speaking of loving our children...



*** HEAD'S UP!!! ***

Tomorrow is Barbershop Quartet Day and International "Louie Louie" Day

Hmmmmm.

I'll have to think on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment