Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13th 2010

Did you celebrate "Louie Louie" Day or Barbershop Quartet Day??

The only time I've ever seen a barbershop quartet was at the hospital on valentines day. Someone had hired them to sing to a patient in the hospital. Isn't that sweet?!?

and I think my older brother used to be in a barbershop quartet. Really.

I DID sing my best rendition of Louie Louie though. SO... that counts.

I didn't record it though. so you'll just have to trust me. heehee. (or ask my mother in law... she witnessed it.)

Yesterday was Licorice Day

we definitely celebrated that!!!



Today was Thomas Jefferson Day, and International Moment of Laughter Day

One of our favorite things to do around here is laugh. In fact... the other day we were all sitting around the table eating Sunday dinner and Audrey piped up and said "Mom, after supper tonight, let's laugh about things."

What can I say? We love to laugh.



I couldn't find any official holidays for the 14th... but that's ok at our house cause we've got our own day to celebrate!!

Our three year old is turning FOUR tomorrow!!

*looks around*

Where have the last four years gone??

to re-cap:

April 14th, 2006:



April 14th, 2007:



April 14th, 2008:



April 14th, 2009:



*sniff sniff*

They grow up too fast.

Since today is Thomas Jefferson Day... I'm going to close this blog with some of my favorite Thomas Jefferson quotes. Enjoy!



"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

and my favorite...

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Something to think about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment