Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30th 2010

Is it only Tuesday?

Well... Happy Doctor's Day to you all! Or... if you'd rather... Happy Grass Is Always Browner On The Other Side Of The Fence Day. Or... Happy Pencil Day!

I've been hectic busy getting everything ready and packing to make the trip to Texas for my grandma's funeral. So... the blog has been lacking, and for that I apologize.

Yesterday was national Mom and Pop Business Owner's Day. I asked for you guys to let me know your favorite mom and pop business... and a few of you left me comments on my facebook.

from Amanda:

"Adam and I chose our favorite mom and pop buisness. Adam's best man in our wedding and his life mentor owns 2 drum and guitar shops that have that "family vibe". One in topeka and one in lawrence. What I love most about him is his "about" page on his website. He doesn't waste time to let others know whats most important in life. "Supersonic Music is steeped in honesty, honor and integrity."

[click on this link for Super Sonic Music]

from my Mom:

"Without a doubt......Carl's Ice Cream"

[click on this link for Carl's Ice Cream]

my Aunt Cassino said:

"Country Creek Peddlers"

but she didn't give me a website. Cassino... is that your shop?? (my aunt is a serious quilter and has a quilt shop)

and Andi said:

"An amazing little store in Cottageville, WV called Fernwood Hollow Candle Co. I'm not sure if they've survived the economic downturn, but they were my absolute favorite place to buy candles and primitives!"

they have a website... www.fernwoodcandlecompany.com, but it doesn't work.

We went yesterday and bought Jason a nice black suit shirt to wear to my grandma's funeral at a mom and pop store in Sedalia, MO. Weller's Men's Wear. We did our part to celebrate!

I'm not sure how we will celebrate today yet... but I'll post about it tomorrow.

*** HEAD'S UP!!! ***

Tomorrow is national "She's Funny That Way" Day. Have fun with that one! It's also the last day of March... and you know what that means! Thursday is April Fool's Day. I hope you're all thinking of your best April Fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment