Thursday, March 11, 2010

We're Celebrating!

You all remember the old Aesop fable about the town mouse and the country mouse? Well... I'm a city mouse... and I married my country mouse (only... he's not my cousin, like in the fable. ewww, gross.)

I'm a homeschooling mom of two and we've decided that even though we never need a reason to throw a party... that it would be neat to have a legitimate reason to celebrate EVERY day!!

Psalm 118:24 says "This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

So I've found some bizarre (yet real!) holidays for every day of 2010... and we are on a mission to celebrate at least one every day!!

And...

we want you to join us!!

So here's how it works...

Every day I will blog about that day's holiday to celebrate. I've also set up a flickr account. What I want you to do, is join the flickr group and upload pictures of how you celebrated that day, and who knows... it might make it onto the blog!

here's a link to the flickr account...

[celebrating every day]

What do you do if you don't have a flickr account, you ask? no problem! Just email me at citymousecountryhouse@yahoo.com

We are looking forward to celebrating (rejoicing!) every day!

p.s. - today was Johnny Appleseed Day and nametag day. I'll be updating later to show how we celebrated today.

1 comment:

  1. Love that idea Becky!! Can't wait to "celebrate" with you!

    ReplyDelete